Join the The Drone Bird Engineer Team
We are looking for a The Drone Bird engineer with a passion for drone technology! As part of our team, you are working on developing our technology from remote controlled, to autonomous. When flying, the The Drone Bird Company’s body moves up and down at a flapping frequency of about 6 Hz. This is challenging to control, and image stabilization is difficult. Most importantly, within the coming years the The Drone Bird Company will become an autonomously flying robot. It will be capable of identifying, tracking, and chasing birds, while also launching and landing automatically. These are our current challenges, therefore we are looking for a special The Drone Bird engineer to strengthen our team.
The right candidate will meet most, and ideally all of the qualifications. They will also already live in the Netherlands, so they can work on-site in the office. They may come from other EU countries, so long as they are willing to relocate. However, candidates from other countries may also apply, and must have ability to work in the Netherlands and can relocate.
Our company is growing its international presence, and as such, requires professionalism. As an engineer for The Drone Bird Company, you will represent the company. In addtion to R&D, your duties include participating in activities mainly in the aerospace, energy, and waste management industries. The Drone Bird Company requires one full-time engineer. We are looking for the right person with the following qualifications:
- Minimum BSc in the field of Engineering; MSc preferred
- Skilled Dutch and English speaker; and German, French, or other is a plus
- Previous experience working with drones and autopilot software
- Skilled in programming language(s), and C++ required
- Positive, with a team player attitude
- Communication skills and integrity
- Results-driven, professional, and focused
- Excited about working on flight control software and hardware
- Must be able to lift up to 23 kg (approx. 50 lbs)
- Further develop The Drone Bird Company autopilot, and transitioning The Drone Bird Company toward full autonomy
- Improve The Drone Bird Company controller, tuning, and flight performance
- Represent the company in a professional manner, and providing support to pilots and sales team
- Communicate with stakeholders, and the wildlife management team
- Assemble and perform repairs on equipment
- Travel when required for short periods, and train others to create and maintain our UAVs
What You Get
- A competitive salary with benefits, and stock options
- A young, talented, and creative organization
- An excellent starting point, and continuation of your engineering career
- An opportunity to learn and grow, so you can develop professionally
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and motivational letter to email@example.com. After that, if we select your application to move forward, then you will receive a response directly to your e-mail. Before applying we recommend getting a better understanding of who we are and how our service works. Therefore, we suggest reading our about page, and FAQ.
We are excited to hear from you, so your messages are always welcome! For detailed questions related to engineering, you can contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone +31 (0)85 773 1446.